The Techno™ Mask is supreme for this kind of environment because it has a combo filter with both dynamic activated charcoal and HEPA. Look no further, friends.
The Techno™ Mask is supreme for this kind of environment because it has a combo filter with both dynamic activated charcoal and HEPA.
Aside from the differences in filtration (explained below), the Sportsta™ mask offers the wearer increased comfort over the City™ mask for the following two reasons:
- The Powa valves incorporated in the Sportsta™ have a larger bore size than the Standard valves allowing heat, water vapour and Carbon dioxide to be exhaled more efficiently through the valve system and not through the filter material. The larger bore size also allows a sports person to compete at peak physical exertion without experiencing breathing resistance when exhaling.
- The sides of the Sportsta™ mask have mesh side panels to assist ventilation of the face, keeping the user cool.
Each filters type has a primary use in a specific environment.
- The Techno™ filter uses Dynamic Activated Charcoal Cloth (DACC™) a 95% pure charcoal weave, originally developed by the U.K. Ministry of Defence for use in the protection against chemical and bacteria warfare situations. We use DACC™ to effectively filter out Primary pollutants associated with vehicle exhaust emissions. The DACC™ is laminated with medical grade non woven polypropylene material which filters particulates from the air and helps prevent them from entering the respiratory system. The City™ filter offers protection against: – Hydrocarbons. e.g. Benzene; Pyrene;1,3 Butadiene. – Acid gases. e.g. Nitrogen dioxide; Sulphur dioxide. – Photo-chemical pollutants. e.g. Low level Ozone – Particulates. e.g. Black smoke; Pollen; Lead oxide. For a more comprehensive list of all the chemicals that have tested with DACC, please go to the Industrial section of the website. The Techno™ filter also contains a HEPA filter identical to the Sportsta™ (see below) and therefore the highest degree of protection. If you are traveling to China, the Techno™ Mask is the first choice for protection against such extreme pollution.
- The Sportsta™ filter uses electrostatically charged fibres to attract airborne particulates down to 0.3 microns in size. 1 Micron = 1/1000mm. Unlike most particle filters which rely on mechanical retention, which inherently results in high inhalation resistance or very large cumbersome filters, the Sportsta filter offers extremely low inhalation resistance, by like comparison. The Sportsta™ filter offers protection against: – Pollen dust; Building dust; Clay dust; Grain dust; Soya dust; Carbon dust; House dust; Cigarette smoke. – PM10’s. e.g. Diesel smoke. – Lead & Tar.
There is no hard rule for mask sizing. Most males with a good sized head wear the large; most females medium. That being said, If you are a male with a particularly narrow or small head, the medium may be a better choice. Same goes for females with large skulls; you may want a large. For more specific measurements, check out our Mask Sizing Chart.
Ensuring a good fit is the most important aspect of any mask.
It must seal to filter the air passing through to your lungs otherwise you are wasting
your money or just looking cool with Respro® – we want you to do both; the
classic ‘Win Win’ scenario.
As a rule of thumb mask sizing is as follows:
a. 5’ Light Build = Small
b. 5’ Heavy Build – 5’6’ Average Build = Medium
c. 5’6” Heavy Build – 6’ Average Build = Large
d. 6’ Heavy Build – 6’+ Average Build = X-Large
Unopened masks and filters can be mailed back within 7 days for a full refund. Opened masks fall into the same legal status as things like microphones, horn instruments, earbuds, ect. and cannot legally be resold due health codes on these types of items. Email us with your situation.
You will need to determine what type of environment you will be using the mask in, a city environment or a countryside environment. Typically, if you are commuting every day with heavy or slow moving traffic, you should use the Techno™ filter. Although chemical pollutants can be found in the countryside; crop spays, fertilisers etc., particulates are more likely to pose a potential problem, thus a Sportsta™ filter is likely to be the better option.
Yes! The filters and valves used in both the Techno™ and the Sportsta™ masks are totally interchangeable.
Yes, the filters do need replacing.
- The effective working life of Respro® filters depends on a number of factors, such as; the breathing rate of the user; ambient levels of pollution; the length of time the filter is actively working; hygiene levels. Taking these factors into account we recommend that the filter should be replaced every month or every 69 hours, whichever is sooner.
- Replacement of the Sportsta™ filter should be carried out every month or when the filter becomes noticeably discoloured.
Yes. The Techno Replacement Filters and Sportsta Replacement Filters can be used interchangeably between both types of masks (given the sizes match). So if you love the camouflage look of the Sportsta Mask, but want the maximum filtration of the Techno Mask, you can pop a Techno filter into the Sportsta Mask.